King Arthur Flour – how do I love thee, let me count the ways.
You sell flour, yet you provide the recipe for most delicious, flour-LESS concoction ever made. Not only that, but this is truly gluten-free, so this covers the gluten-unhappy people and those trying to cut the carbs. Love you.
Ultra-chewy, rich chocolate cookies with no added fat? And no gluten? Impossible! But it’s true: these flourless chocolate cookies get their texture from egg whites, and their flavor from cocoa powder (which represents the only fat in the recipe). Plus they’re easy to make:
Just stir together a few simple ingredients, scoop onto a pan, and bake for 8 minutes. You won’t believe the delicious result.
Flourless Fudge Cookies
Yields 2 dozen
2 1/4 Cups sugar, powdered
1/4 tsp salt, table
1 Cup cocoa powder, Dutch-processed
3 Large egg white
2 tsp extract, vanilla gluten-free*
2 Cups chocolate chips, semisweet
1 tsp coffee powder, instant
1) Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease two baking sheets. Or line with parchment, and grease the parchment.
2) Stir together all of the ingredients till smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and stir again till smooth. Add chocolate chips.
3) Drop the soft, batter-like dough onto the prepared baking sheets in 1 1/2″ circles; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
4) Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes; they should spread, become somewhat shiny, and develop faintly crackly tops.
5) Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool right on the pan.
My niece calls these ULTRA-Chocolate cookies!